POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stone Wall : Re: Stone Wall Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stone Wall
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Date: 22 Dec 2008 09:52:54
Message: <494fa9c6@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote in message
> I'm just putting the finishing touches to a macro to generate block walls
> and stone walls.

Ooooooo...   Very nice!

I had a brick wall macro, but I was never entirely happy with the results.
Mostly, what I didn't like was the fact that POV-Ray doesn't allow you to
overlay textures.  e.g. giving each brick a texture, then overlaying a
semi-transparent texture on the entire wall.  Perhaps there are ways around
that limitation, but I couldn't think of anything that worked well.

I especially like the "slate" wall.  This is very impressive.